Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Friends, roommates, coughs.

Yesterday (I guess technically two days ago) was Valentine's Day, and it was the first in years that didn't find me feeling sorry for myself. I also realized that more and more I'm seeing myself in the mirror and being okay, or mostly okay, with the way I look, and that's good. That's progress.

On the other end of the spectrum, I haven't really talked to Jonah for probably more than a month now. You know, it's kind of weird, and it kind of makes me feel shitty. I mean he's online, but he never responds. And there's the very valid possibility that he's just too lazy to answer, because he's that kind of person, and I don't know whether that would be a relief or a disappointment. But I feel like I'm losing friends all the time for one reason or another, and I feel like it's always my fault. (And dude, I know you can read this, but it is more than probable that you're not. And if you are.. well, then why are you reading my blog but not talking to me?) Sometimes this hits me on the side of the head, and makes me feel sick.

Hnngh, time has rendered the previous paragraph void. Twenty minutes after writing it, he calls.

And, weirdly, Jen-the-roommate has come back into my life. She sits behind me in my Shakespeare class, and so far we've been friendly with each other. This is strange, but I suppose it's good. I suspect it's partially because I'm the most likely conversation partner for her in that class, and she for me, so there is some silent pact that takes us back to the stage our relationship had last fall.

Speaking of roommates, an interesting development has occurred in my life. Remember Ariel? I know you don't, because I've never talked about her. Izzy and I met her at Comiccon in whenever-that-was, was it October or November? (It was on Saturday, at the MSPA meetup; she was cosplaying as Gamzee. Definitely one of the best trolls there, the other being Vriska. And of course, if you read this blog, chances are you don't read Homestuck - which is why I keep trying to plug it. So this means nothing to you.) Anyways, we - a group of us who had all met at Comiccon - started hanging out a couple of weeks ago after keeping in touch over Facebook, and Ariel and I realized that we each needed a roommate for next year. And we excitedly said HEY WE SHOULD LIVE TOGETHER, and then confirmed it in a long string of loud and excitable comments on an unrelated Facebook post, and started working out details over Facebook message and in person. So it looks like I'll be getting a place next semester or at the beginning of summer with this Really Cool Girl, and I have Homestuck to thank JUST SAYING HOMESTUCK IS GOOD FOR YOU.

I've been hella sick the past couple of weeks. Half the department is sick; we think it's Reinfeld's fault, because last week he came in for half a class, taught us a bit, died, and left. (He did not really die.) This week I've missed all my classes but one, and I feel even shittier for it. I should probably go find a doctor and get an inhaler or something - I have this fucking cough again, though most of the rest of the symptoms are gone. I don't like seeing doctors.

That's it for now, I think.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment