Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wheeeeeeee?

I have realized that my attitude toward myself has been changing lately. I find myself more and more likely to be okay with what I see in the mirror, and I've been mentally beating myself out of most negativities. I'm thinking the struggle I put up against my friend a few weeks ago, when she told me I should see a therapist and I replied that I could fix myself or at least live with my stupid problems, actually did something. I'm thinking I must have conned myself into being nicer to myself, and right now I'm pretty okay with that.

That said, social insecurities are peaking. More and more in the past week I've found myself fretting over what other people think of me - whether or not they actually like me, whether or not I annoy them. These worries are stupid and needy but for some reason I can't shake them, and I find myself saying things that I regret simply because the reactions throw me off.

And it's also been kind of a roller coaster (hnngh cliches why). The last ten days have made up one big moodswing filled with a lot of little moodswings, but I'm finding my ups higher than usual, and my downs, if not also higher, then at least around the same and maybe not quite as severe most of the time.

I'm taking on a few rather ambitious side projects, which will be fun. And it'll mean that in my down time - what time I have, at any rate - I will have something to do, rather than just lying around worrying about homework.

On average, things are pretty okay. Pretty good.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment