Thursday, October 14, 2010

NYCC and also I am sick so I'll bitch about that for a while.

So I attended NYCC over the weekend and now I am sick out of my mind.

It was pretty cool though. First real con I've ever been to, I guess; MoCCA is really small. I went with a friend and her friend on Saturday, and friend's-friend ended up giving me her weekend pass so I could go on Sunday as well, with a different friend, because different-friend waited way too long to get a ticket for Saturday, and friend's-friend is a bumpkin who cannot survive more than a day in the city, all walking around and being jostled and standing near people who are smoking. Oh Long Islanders.

Things about MSPA. We found a good amount of people cosplaying as trolls, which was amusing. Hung out with them for a while. Talked to Hussie. Got pictures drawn by Hussie. Bought a book from Hussie. Gave a little troll-sculpt to Hussie. Also got several un-Hussie-related prints, and a cold.

Sunday-friend and I spent most of our time looking for The Internet. Webcomics people are pretty cool I think.

I have decided that steampunk is the coolest weird-geek-fashion. If I were someone who was not me, I would be a steampunk. (That did not make sense, but it did in my head.)

On Saturday was dragged through NYAF as well, or at least the artist alley. It is astounding, the difference in average quality of work between the comic-con artists and the anime..people. I mean some of them were good or decent but a good number of them were just..not so much. Also on Saturday I learned way more about Hetalia than I ever needed to know. Although it's still very difficult for me to discern between some of the different countries, because for some reason they are all blond.



I hate when my sinuses get this way. I cannot breathe lying down, so I guess I'll sleep sitting up tonight. And when I swallow, my ears pop. Why does everything on the face have to be connected, whyyyy. And my head hurts like fuck but Advil isn't working and Sudafed isn't working and UGH WHAT USE ARE DRUGS IF THEY DON'T WORK ah well. And this whole thing was written in a daze so it's probably kind of strange and I just can't tell because my eyes feel like they're glued open.

Uh.

Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment