Thursday, May 13, 2010

Frustration and Lost and frustration over Lost.

I had an idea for what I was going to write today. I was thinking about it this morning, and I figured it would be good to put in my blog. But I decided that I would wait until later to write it down, because it was too early to start the post.

Dunno what I was thinking. I've written morning posts before. The only reason why I usually wait until night is that that's when the day is over, and I can write about the day. But anyways..I can't remember anymore. It's upsetting me.

...

I have been watching too much Lost. I am in the fourth season already; actually, since the fourth season only has thirteen episodes for some reason, instead of the usual twenty-one average (is this because of the Writers' Strike? Don't remember what year that was), I'm already halfway through the fourth season. Sheesh.

Today I was commentary-ing at Christine over Gchat. I noted that it was basically exactly what I do whenever I'm watching a movie and blogging about it on the side, except that she talks back. Yesterday I was commentary-ing at my forum buddies, several of whom - and one Lost fanatic in particular - are the reason why I started watching in the first place. (Also Sam and Kay from my acting class. They are also obsessed.) Good thing I'm not blogging along to Lost, because I'm averaging around seven episodes a day, or something. Kind of terrifying; probably unhealthy..

"There is so much of this knocking-people-out-with-some-kind-of-object,-usually-a-gun-but-occasionally-a-boat-paddle-or-something in Lost. If all the episodes were condensed and sped up to make a three-hour movie (Lost: Subliminal Messaging Edition), I would make a drinking game based on people hitting other people on the head with heavy things. Whoever plays it might be dead at the end."

"I don't think it's a very good idea to keep one's gun in the back of one's waistband. If something catches and it fires..you'll lose your butt. (Yes, I have been thinking this ever since the Losties found that first gun.) "
"they could... put the safety on?"
"Uh..that's..true. I feel really dumb now. (But guns in close proximity to butts still make me nervous.) "

These kinds of things go through my head while I am watching.

...

Anyways. I wouldn't expect anything thoughtful out of me for another few days. I'll have some good notions and then they'll go out the window once I start worrying about who's going to die next and what the fuck is happening on the island and why things are happening when they shouldn't be happening and hm I am a spoiler junkie and I remember something about this from Wikipedia but all of a sudden I actually know what it means.

If I see you within the next couple of days I will probably give you a cookie. I discovered a new cookie. And it is fucking awesome.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment