Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Image and stuff. Also, Lost.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and actually think I'm okay today. Then in my head the thought is immediately followed up with 'just compared to yourself, though; this is only okay by your standards'. I can't seem to stop degrading myself.

It's getting tiresome.

...

Dude and I were talking about nude models last night. One of our acquaintances, who goes to Ringling, posted a Facebook status asking if anyone would be willing to let him draw them naked. He got some responses from friends. I know some photo majors who takes nudes of themselves and/or their friends, and most of the time the images are gorgeous. But I can't imagine having a friend model for me. Models in class are one thing; I don't know them - I don't even know their names most of the time - and they're being paid and they're there specifically to be drawn naked. But people I already know? I wouldn't be able to focus on drawing.

I think you'd have to be pretty self-confident to pose nude for a friend's photos, or for your own. Or for a classroom of students you don't know. I admire these people.

...

I started watching Lost again. (I watched half of the pilot on Hulu at my dorm before giving up on the shitty internet connection.) It is turning out to be a pretty cool show.

Now I am seven episodes in. And I'm hooked. Oops.

...

That said, good night. Gonna go watch some more Lost and take some Advil for my freshly root-canaled tooth and go to sleep.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment