Thursday, May 6, 2010

PDA.

Finishing what I started.

...

I was thinking about PDA.

While I was on the bus heading back home, there was a couple sitting across the aisle from me. They were all over each other, cuddling and kissing, the entire fucking ride. It was kind of cute. It was kind of really obnoxious.

So. PDA: public display of affection. Is it an act of narcissism, or a loss of self-consciousness? Do you love someone so much that you must be constantly open about it, or do you want to show the world that you are loved?

Most of the time I'm not big on hugs in public. It just makes me feel awkward. I wonder how many of you have been subjected to my quiet one-armed quick embrace.

Usually with me, my levels of snarkiness and verbal abuse are directly proportionate to how comfortable I feel around you. The people I love get sarcastic jabs and lots of pokes and light punches. It's kind of bad.

But I'm a total dork for my cat. Whenever I'm around her I'm constantly telling her how much I adore her, and she doesn't even know what I'm saying. It is almost embarrassing how much I express my love for my cat. (I must be turning into a cat lady. Oh god.)

Back to the point. I think couples are kind of sweet. (They also depress me sometimes, depending on my current mood and outlook on life and prospects for my future.) But PDA isn't always very pleasant. So sure, kiss sometimes. But don't have wrestling matches on a four hour bus ride.

Thanks.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment