Saturday, May 22, 2010

Okay almost done talking about the website.

New resolution: Do not be miserable.

I think it's a good one.

...

I'm nearly done with my website! (For the third time..) Have a couple of coding things to work out still. (If anyone knows how to extend the content div to the bottom of the page, please please please tell me.)

Recently I have started writing again - I wasn't even able to finish one story during the school year, but now I actually have time sitting on my ass so I might as well pick it up - so maybe there will be a section for that too. Maybe. I am very self-conscious about my writing (well, about everything, and especially art, but given the nature of my career choice I will have to get over that), so it's a big maybe. I may start up a bit of a blog for the site, as well. It will probably just be linkspam of artsy stuff I like plus the occasional piece of actual news.

I am so happy I decided to pay more attention to coding for this version of the website. I mean seriously. Before a few days ago, I barely knew what the fuck a stylesheet was, let alone how to actually use one. I just put all my CSS in the head, and had to copy-paste it to each individual page, and then if I wanted to change something, I had to go back and change it on every fucking page. And I rather like that I'm learning Javascript. Baby steps, yawl. Dreamweaver has become a very good friend this week.

So anyways, now that that project is nearly finished, on to the next. Time to..produce more art..because I really do need to do more art..

...

But not right now, because it's four in the morning. (Last night I didn't sleep until a little past four thirty. So dumb. Then I felt guilty when I slept in until noon. I always get upset when that happens..) Anyways, good night.

Olivia

PS. I'm really sad because I won't be able to catch up with Lost in time to watch the finale on Sunday. (Dude why did it have to be on Sunday. They should have left it on Tuesday with the rest of the goddamn season.) I'm only fifth season sixth episode right now. So unless I can watch thirty forty-five-minute-long episodes in the next day and a half..it's a no. Baaw. I was really hoping I could. (And I mean, I was on a streak for a while, but then this week I barely watched at all. Bluh. Then again, it's actually a good thing. Because that means I wasn't sitting on my ass all week watching a television show on Hulu; no, I was sitting on my ass all week designing and coding a dumb website and getting frustrated because I don't know enough about coding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment