Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mirrors.

Internet! I don't really have time for you but I guess I'll make some time.

Dear lord, why is this girl always looking at herself in mirrors? She's pretty but she really needs to stop. It gets on my nerves. It makes me feel insecure and ugly and spiteful.

I avoid mirrors. They make it too easy to focus on my physical flaws. And sometimes when I see myself staring back, I am afraid. There is something eerie about mirrors. And most of the time I don't look like I feel.

I'm still kind of fascinated by them as a concept, though. Through the Looking Glass, indeed. Parallel worlds in which everybody is represented by their ghosts. Mine stares me down hard every time I look at her. I can't decide whether she's more confident than me or more lost. I think maybe I will have to write something about mirrors some time. I started a story once, but it didn't really go anywhere.

...

Yeah. That's it. It's nearly three in the morning and I am sleepy and still have some drawing to do. Good night.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment