Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Flight, part one.

Should not be typing; should be doing drawing homework.

Flight versus invisibility: I usually say I can't choose between the two, but I daydream all the time about stretching out a pair of huge feathered wings and launching myself out of my mundane life. I think since I try to be or feel invisible all the time, I cling to that side as well. I wish that it was a true invisibility, so I could live without bounds, without ties, without a real life.

But flight! My favorite Greek myth is that of Icarus, who flew too high and whose makeshift wings burned and melted in the sun. Sure, there's a plummet, but the important part is the soar.

Will have a continue tomorrow; I left this mid-sentence like five hours ago; now it's three, I am doing a shit job with my drawing homework, I won't be able to finish today. Ahhhh.

Sorry,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment