Thursday, December 24, 2009

Today, and home.

Olivia's initial idealized plans for the day: Lab in the morning, class in the afternoon, back to room, pack for home, sleep early.

Olivia's later modified evening plans: Back to room, laze about, watch a movie, sleep early, wait until morning to pack.

Olivia's evening: Back to room, laze about, get back up after realizing that even though it's dark out it's still only eight o'clock, hang around not knowing what to do but not wanting to do particularly anything, watch a movie, hang around some more, bake cookies, hang around some more, talk to The Guy, start packing while talking for lack of anything better to do, finish packing, procrastinate sleeping.

Still not asleep. Uhh. Yeah. Train at eleven tomorrow morning, leaving my room probably at nine thirty.

Gah. I just realized I'm leaving from Penn, not Grand Central. It would have been bad if I hadn't just checked my ticket after doubting myself. "Hm. I'm heading to Grand Central tomorrow. But wait! Last time I took the train, there were subway signs with blue circles, not green. Blue is A C E; green is 4 5 6. But A C E goes to Penn. Hm. I should check.."

Oh, colors. Thank you for being memorable.

...

I'm excited to go home. I miss my Molly. And my parents and my brother. And I'm going to be seeing a lot of people over break. The Guy and my art teachers and my two favorite underclassmen (although one's a senior now, actually) and my old Writers' Club (which has been taken over by one of my favorite underclassmen) and all the people from last year who made my senior year a good experience, unlike the majority of my time in primary schooling.

My mom texted me a picture of Molly yesterday, and I set it as my background. Now my phone is really really distracting..

...

I made gingerbreadcookiethings tonight. (I used the same dough several different ways; hard thin cookies, soft puffy cookies, and slabbish things.) I added like three times the amount of spice the recipe asked for. They're intense and spicy and delicious, although next time I will use less cloves. Cloves are a bit too strong.

Most of the time when I bake it's fine because I just set it on the kitchen table and everything's gone by the next night. But I'm alone in the apartment; everyone left Monday and Tuesday. So I'm taking them home, for a snack on the train and a treat for my family.

Ahhhh my tongue is still kind of spicin' at me, damn those cloves,
Olivia

PS. Oh yeah, remind me to tell you about animation tomorrow. I'm off to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment