Sunday, February 28, 2010

Saturn, DnD, jetpacks, Nazis, Inigo Montoya, deeps.

Okay, so Christine just showed me something great.

...

Today I was in the GW for..about thirteen hours. Got there ten minutes early for DnD, then we waited around for two and a half hours for everyone to show up. Then we played DnD for a very long time. It was awesome. Seriously. I really like this game. It takes a very long time just to get through five in-game minutes, but it is a fun long time. Will is now one of my favorite people in the world. (Also Eric, of course, for arranging the whole fucken thing. Thank you Eric.)

Then we watched a movie about a jetpack-wielding, Nazi-punching, glass-breaking pilot. It was pretty great. (Upton Sinclair is the Nazi. But..not really. Actually I don't even remember his real name anymore, because we kept referring to him as Upton.)

(Wait, it was Neville. Neville Sinclair. At one point, when he was wearing a wig and brandishing a sword and running around on a bad movie set, he reminded me of Inigo Montoya.)

I need to work on my character. Eric had pre-made prologue characters for us, to get us into the game / class / stuff, and the real campaign starts next session. So I need to make my character more interesting. Triana Flamewreath (this name is kind of silly to me) is pretty damn apathetic, and that doesn't make for very fun roleplaying. All I got to do was intimidate a small dog-man-creature. (There is a race in this campaign called the fey corgi. Adrian played Barkithor the fey corgi shaman. His character for the main campaign is a fey corgi bard, and he plays..the accorgian.)

I hope Will actually does draw his character's moves. This kid seriously goes all out with the roleplaying. My personal favorites include the jumping on mid-air flesh schrapnel to get a better angle to strike; leaping to the druid's fire-hawk, setting her seven daggers aflame, and diving towards the enemy's head with all seven burning blades outstretched; and the 'can-opener', which involved digging into the skull with her hidden crotch-blade and kicking another opponent's head in order to propel herself around. Oh, halfling rogues. Oh, Rena Rollens.

...

Ran my first instances DPS tonight, as Tauren. The good thing about not tanking is that you don't have to know where you're going; you just follow the tank.

...

Hm. It's four fifteen in the morning. Time to sleep. (I'm not even really tired anymore. I was tired earlier, in the beginning of the movie. Then the movie got fun. Then we were talking about DnD stuff. Then I went on WoW. Then I wrote this post. Now I am thoroughly un-tired. Blargh. I have to do shit tomorrow; I should probably sleep now anyways. Also I'm hungry, which means I need to go to sleep.)

Olivia

PS. I want to change my character's last name to Flamewrath; I think it sounds better. Angrier. Like roar, instead of like flowers. Um. Yeah. And something should be done about that first name. It makes me giggle. It feels more like an elf's name, at least to me. I'm a fucken tiefling. I'm not an elf.

Yeah. Anyways. I should stop thinking and sleep now.

1 comment:

  1. If y'didn't notice during my dramatic recap at the beginning of last session, I already retconned your surname to Flamewrath. Come up with something cooler than Triana, though!

    ReplyDelete