Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So this was my day. (Sunday's post.)

This be Sunday's post. The internet was down all day, so I typed it into a text document.

...

So, earlier I was pretty sure today hated me. Then later I was certain it hated me. A while after that I decided it didn't quite hate me as much as I'd though, but it still didn't like me.

Tom, Danny, and I set out to film B-rolls (blah filler footage) for our digital video class tomorrow. The problem we discovered: The lame-ass battery in the camera we borrowed only powered an hour at a time, while we each need an hour of footage. It takes about an hour to recharge, so we had to split up after the first bit of filming and wait around. Instead of wasting a few hours of my day, this dumb assignment took up my entire fucken afternoon. But at least I got some good footage.

I was supposed to meet the person who was buying my laptop during filming, with Tom and Danny. But our battery ran out for the first time right before I was supposed to meet the guy in Union Square, and they both said they had to do work (Danny's full of shit; I came back from the meetup and he was napping on Beans), so I went on my own. I didn't really want to - Craigslist is really sketchy, and I figured there was probably a fifty percent chance it would be some really creepy person, or someone trying to scam me. But he turned out pretty cool. Wil's basically around my age, and also an artist (weird coincidence), and thinking about going back to school for some kind of computer art, like maybe graphic design (weirder coincidence), and it was his first time buying on Craigslist so he was worried about sketchy people too. So it turned out fine. Also I have seven hundred more dollars. Huzzah! Money is a good thing. (Carrying around seven hundred dollars in twenties in your wallet is really weird. Kind of terrifying.

Then Greg got Sarah a huge bouquet of roses and I got inwardly upset just kind of on principle. But I talked to dude guy so it got better. He really is a great dude guy. I miss him.

So today wasn't awesome. But it wasn't bad.

...

Hm. That's it.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment