Friday, November 6, 2009

More about school, and Pixar and other things.

Hello, fourth day in a row of blogging. Okay, so technically it isn't yesterday anymore, but I'm still awake, so this counts as my Friday post.

I love my computer animation class. It's so cool that during my first semester freshman year, I actually get to do this. Maya is such a fun program (although sometimes she's a bitch and freezes while you're working), and I really like being able to animate. Most of the other majors here have a general foundation year, but animation, film, photo, and computer art (mine) have different classes; for instance, while graphic design and illustration and cartooning majors have to take sculpture and painting, my only 'fine arts' class is drawing. It's funny; I have a graphic design class (digital imaging), while the graphic design kids don't have one until next semester.

John McIntosh, the Computer Art department head, is a really friendly guy. He walked into my class today and was saying hi to everybody, and said he liked my new headphones and asked to try them on. It was funny.

I feel so good about this path. I really want to get into this industry, because whenever I animate something well I feel great. It gives me a sense of accomplishment that I don't get in most areas. I love art.

...

Up is coming out on DVD on Tuesday. I'm really excited; I want to get it. I don't usually collect movies (or DVDs at least), but certain ones I really want to have. Jen, my roommate, has all the Pixar movies but Toy Story, and I plan to get them all at some point. I have Coraline - it's beautifully done and I love Henry Selick and I love Neil Gaiman. I have favorite movies, but I don't own them. Some time I'm going to have to start a DVD collection for myself. Maybe once I sell that Macbook.

I love this - it's an extra on the Up DVD. Dug is such a sweet character:



...

It's the weekend! I love my classes, but it's great when the weekend comes around. I'm so tired by Friday, it's ridiculous. Today I woke up at noon. (Then again, we had a Nintendo 64 party in my room until like three, and then I ate dinner..) I look forward to the sleep I get over the weekend. Although I won't get that much tonight; I'm in New Jersey, at my uncle's house, and my little cousin always wakes me up at like seven. Which is fine, because he's an awesome kid. And I can function on low sleep. Hell, if I go to bed after I finish writing this, I'll be getting more sleep than I usually do.

My family came down for the weekend, which is why I'm in New Jersey. I've missed talking to my brother; we've been chattering nonstop for hours now.

...

Tralalaaa~. I think I'm done now. I'm hungry; off to bed! (It's so weird, how when you stay up late you get hungry. That's what midnight snacks are about, I suppose. Usually once I get really really hungry I just go to sleep, because I usually wake up in the morning not-hungry. Funny what stomachs do.)

Hungrily,
Olivia

...

PS. I love this comforter. It's so comfortable and light and thick at the same time. And there is no other adjective to properly describe it than 'frothy'. It is a frothy comforter.

Also, I noticed that it actually does say that I posted this on Friday, at eleven fifty-six. I guess Blogger publishes by the time the post was started, not when it was finished and actually put up. Silly Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment