Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am thankful for you reading this blog, too, by the way.

Amanda Palmer calls today the National Day of Mourning. Poor turkeys. I love it.

What am I thankful for?

Well for one thing, I'm thankful for this. This is fantastic. The first paragraph of this is also fantastic. Uh, this is wonderful. And hey, so is this:



Okay. Done with linkspam for now.

I am thankful to be at SVA. I get to do what I love all the time, and I am preparing myself for my future, and it's wonderful. It is stressful at times, but attending art school is one of the most fantastic opportunities I've had in my life.

I am thankful for my friends - my real real friends, and the ones I usually like when I'm around them, and the ones who are more like acquaintances I'd like to get to know better, because they seem cool. I like to be alone but I also like to be around people.

I am thankful for turkey and mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie because these things are all delicious in moderation.

I am thankful for Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer and Henry Selick and John Lasseter and Pete-Docter-Andrew-Stanton-Brad-Bird-that-whole-Pixar-gang and everyone else who inspires me, through words and through work.

I am thankful for my teachers because they are amazing. I honestly feel like I really lucked out, as far as instructors go. I hear about other people's drawing teachers and it seems like TM really is the best. And Eric is so supportive and always genuinely glad that people are doing so well with the assignments.

I am thankful for The Guy. He really really makes me happy. I am most thankful for him when I am falling apart and driving myself insane with that stupid self-loathing self-conscious self-doubting self-deprecating thing-I-do, because he knows when to do his weird goofy sarcastic whatever-it-is thing-he-does and when to be..I dunno. Real? Sincere? Earnest? Nice? (He's so nice sometimes. I really like him. Fuck. I hate that I don't have the self-confidence to fucking do something about it. ..Fuck.) (I saw him yesterday, kind of. Google video chat, at least. Seeing his face just kind of made me happy. I hate being like this, sometimes; I like to be in control of my emotions, so it's the worst thing in the world when I am in that weird hateful depressed mode or..whatever this is. This is new. It's like being really happy and unconsciously trying to repress the happiness at the same time, and it kind of sucks, and it's weird..but I still like him anyways. Fuck. Ahhhhhh. Fuck.)

I am thankful for Molly. She is the greatest cat ever. I am so glad I'm home, so I can be with her. I adore her.

I am super-ridiculous-thankful for my amazing family. It makes me sad when people don't like their families, or can't go to them for help. I am so lucky. I love them all so much.

...

Oh, by the way, sorry for the linkchange. Uhh. I have a link to this on my Twitter somewhere, and we were looking at someone else's account last night and he thought it would be funny to read mine so I snapped into full-on panic mode and made it private and hid everything..

Things should be back to normal soon, because he probably didn't get the link anyways. I need to stop being so defensive and jumpy and shit. Or posting my inner turmoil on the internet for all to see. (Who am I kidding that's not going to happen.)

That's all, I think, for tonight. Hope you had a good one, too.

Superthankful most of the time, yay,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment