Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New friends and excitements.

I suppose I should be saying good morning; it's three o'clock.

I made some friends today. I went down to the basement to see what Dixon was painting, and ended up toting down all my drawing supplies and doing my homework there. The people who hang around there are quite an entertaining bunch. It no longer really surprises me to be in art school (although sometimes the thought creeps up from behind and astounds me again - I'm actually here, I'm actually doing this). A cartooning major and I got into a long discussion about art snobs and the immaturity of college students and the difficulties of being in art school and being an artist. She's a cool person. She provided an interesting hour-long distraction from my homework.

We are all going to play D&D very soon. I want to learn. I am excited.

Off to bed for me. I have drawing at nine tomorrow morning, and then AT THREE IN THE AFTERNOON AN ALUMNUS WORKING AT PIXAR IS COMING IN TO TALK AND THERE'S GOING TO BE A SCREENING OF UP AND I AM IRRATIONALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS YAAAAY ALSO I BOUGHT THE DVD THIS AFTERNOON BECAUSE I ADORE THIS MOVIE SO GODDAMN MUCH.

Enthusiastically,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment