Tuesday, November 3, 2009

First post, hopefully not the last.

It's my eighteenth birthday. Also, this is the first post of my new blog. I've tried blogging regularly before and failed, but I'm trying again. Busier people than I can do it, so it's just a question of willpower and a determination to have an interesting life. Here it goes (again).

...

I'm a freshman at the School of Visual Arts, located in Manhattan. I'm studying computer animation with a dream to one day work with the brilliant minds at Pixar. I also love to write stories, poetry, and songs, and I sculpt, paint, draw, cartoon whenever I can. But I'm lazy. It's the worst contradiction: I have so much I want to do, and not enough time to do it, and my motivation comes in little bursts and disappears, leaving me collapsed on my bed, curled up with a book, a movie, or Youtube. I want to do everything, but it takes me a while to actually get up and do it.

Maybe if I tell people to read this blog, I will actually have a reason to write it.

...

It's things like this that stimulate my fascination with Amanda Palmer. This amazing lady is thirty-three years old and can still make art this whimsical and free. It's beautiful. I wish I had a fraction of her confidence.



...

I'm working on my drawing midterm. I'll probably be up all night, fueled by cake and tea and a desire to earn my teacher's approval and respect. Remind me to post art on this blog as I finish it. More motivation? I hope so.


Technically older by every tick of the clock, but legally older for the first time in three hundred sixty-five days,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment