Monday, March 22, 2010

I watch too many Disney movies.

I am still slightly amazed that there are several people who read this daily. I mean, it's practically a fucken diary in parts. There's only one thing I explicitly keep out of my posts, and that's dude's name. I don't even know why I do that; most people who read this know his name anyways, one way or another. And if you didn't I might tell you. There's just a dumb reasoning in my head that maybe it'll go away if I don't mention his name. Even though there is only one person I could possibly have been describing for the past five months.

Five months! I've been doing this for about five months. I didn't think it would last that long. (I keep saying that..)

...

Finished Oliver and Company, then decided to follow up with another dog movie, so now watching Lady and the Tramp. First time for both.

Okay, I just watched the first minute of actual action (not counting opening credits and the zooming in on the house bit), and I notice that the coloring on the characters looks really clear. That digital method of coloring wasn't used until the eighties, so I'm kind of confused. I guess I was expecting more of an oldeytimes animation look. The first minute already feels more advanced than Sleeping Beauty, which came afterwards. But who knows? Maybe I'm just not used to this style period on the Disney timeline. That's one reason why I'm going to be doing this in chronological order after this movie.

Okay. Did he just give the dog coffee?

That Scottie is adorable.

Wow, this movie is so racist against cats.

HEY. THAT BEAVER is like Gopher from Winnie the Pooh. This..makes me really happy.

I love these Italian guys from the restaurant. "Hey Joe! Butcha he saysa he wants two spaghettia speciales, heavy on the meatsaboll!" "Tony! Dogsa don'tuh talk!" "He'sa talkuh to me!" "Okaya, he'suh talka ta you! You da boss! Mamma mia.."

I like how each dog has a different accent. The bulldog is British, the chihuahua is Hispanic (saw that coming), the I-think-that-must-be-a-greyhound-or-something is Russian, the daschund is German.

AW THE PUPPIES ARE SO CUTE AND WEIRD WHEN THEY SPEAK IN UNISON.

...

I am in denial of the warm weather. I still wear my sweatshirts and I turn up the air conditioning in my room to pretend it's not getting hot. Freak.

...

Our stop-motion project for Narrative Workshop is coming along well. We shot the first third yesterday, and today Tom and I worked with it in Final Cut for a while. Going to shoot again on Thursday, and probably on Friday as well. It's very fun, I quite like it.

We have a mostly good group. It's me, Tom, Monty, and a certain someone who hasn't fucking done anything yet.. not even showing up for shooting or editing.. only has one responsibility, the music, and hasn't even done that yet, so Tom and I are going to work on it.. pah.

...

Heh.

...

Okay good night.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment