Monday, March 8, 2010

Speaking of people who don't think they're good enough..

Sorry about yesterday. Thought it was posted, but Blogger bugged out. Blogger can be kind of a douche.

...

I didn't know there was a term for this. But I guess it makes sense; there's a term for everything. (It's funny, because you can't self-diagnose without becoming a contradiction, either way.)

...

I've been working on my application to the Pixar undergrad technical direction summer program all day. Finished my resume, wrote the first draft of my cover letter, made a list of the classes I've taken at SVA, tweaked my website. Going to finish the cover letter and assemble a portfolio tomorrow, then put together my reel and finish my site. So much work ahhhh.

I'm applying to summer work at Dreamworks and Disney as well - they're the only other animation studios that take underclassmen - and most of the stuff I'm doing for the Pixar application can be reused for those. This one's due on Sunday, so I'm trying to finish it in the next few days.

I really want this. I really, really want this. Eric (the animation teacher, not the DM) thinks I can get in; he wrote me a recommendation letter, too. I'm not so sure. I'm extremely hopeful, but I'm not expecting anything. Too many people who aren't me want it too, and there's a lot of people out there who are better than me.

But I really want it.

...

So. Tomorrow I gotta get up early to work on my application; then I'm going into Boston with Danielle for a few hours to take photos. Then I'm coming back home and working more..fun. Good night.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment