Thursday, March 25, 2010

Problem Sleuth, and other webcomics; Bambi and Dumbo and some Disney movies that I skip for one reason or another; Chinese immigrant comedy.

CANDY CORN VAMPIRE. TOOTSIE ROLL FRANKENSTEIN. GUMMY WORM ZOMBIE.

The problem with MS Paint Adventures is that you can't really share pages, like with other webcomics. Because everything is so fucking out of context unless you've read the whole thing. (Also possibly if you have read the whole thing.) I mean, seriously. Problem Sleuth started out with Problem Sleuth stuck in his office and trying to find a way out. Now there's candy magic and brothels and dimensional warps and a final boss battle that's lasted forever, and I'm only on part seventeen of twenty-two, or something. Oy.

But I love it. It's so absurd. I need to go back and catch up with Homestuck after I finish PS. Homestuck is..fucking amazing. But I'll probably have to read the whole thing again, because I only vaguely remember what was happening.

Then I'm going to go back and catch up with Sluggy Freelance, because I want to know what has happened since September. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to read Sluggy from the beginning, too. That will take me a month.

Oh, weird convoluted webcomics. You just can't give me a break, can you?

...

Speaking of webcomics, I've also been reading randoms of XKCD. I love this. Don Quixote is my hero.

This happened to me the only time I ever went on TV Tropes. That thing is deadly. Happens sometimes on Wikipedia, too. Just yesterday we were browsing the weirdest pages on Simple Wikipedia.

...

Okay. Reached a second condescending recap. Time to watch Bambi.

Heh. All the baby quail are like the tail-bits of that..game..where you eat things..and your tail grows..what's it called?

I like how all the kid-animals call Bambi 'young prince' even though they're basically the same age. It's like calling my peers youngsters. (I do call Christine 'baby girl' occasionally, but that's because she iiiiissss a baby.)

Love all the cute little baby voices. Like how everything Thumper says feels like it's rolling in his mouth, and Bambi pronounces 'mother' as 'mahther'.

I quite like the way the deer are animated in this movie. Those gangly graceful legs are beautiful.

Like I said earlier with Snow White, music is approached so differently in these earlier movies than in the later ones. The film is a symphony; almost the entire thing could be played sans dialogue, and still tell a story. It's one thing I really love about Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, although those are instead comprised of short stories. The difference is that for Fantasia, the music came before the animation.

Wow dude, way to acknowledge your son. Glance. Ear twitch. Half-smile. Walk away.

Gah. I love baby-Thumper. So adorable.

OH SHIT you did not just shoot Bambi's mahther.

Whoa. That was a really abrupt transition. Sad sad Bambi's mom is dead sad sad LA LA LA SPRING LA LA. Way to be sensitive.

Heh. Poor ornery owl just wants to sleep in the middle of the day. All his neighbors are making a horrible shitty racket. (It's like me..)

Whoa. Bambi went through puberty faaaast. Voice change much? Oh dear. Thumper isn't cute anymore.

"Nearly everybody gets twitterpated in the springtime." Hee. The owl is making falling in love sound like a horrible deadly disease or something.

Oh no, we lost Flower to the TWITTERPATION. The HORROR.

Oh no, there's Thumper gone too. WHAT ARE WE TO DO. (Whooooa, sexy rabbit.)

Okay enough of this silliness let's just strut off and not notice girls OH SHIT A GIRL RUUUUN oh never mind let's just frolic instead.

BATTLE FOR THE GIRL BATTLE FOR THE GIRL battle battle battle WIN BATTLE whooooo Bambi won that means he's awesome.

It is MAN. D:

(Sometimes my commentaries are semi-serious. Sometimes they are very very silly..)

Oh no, Faline! And ugly-sounding crow-caws. (I think it's funny that the squirrel and chipmunk are always together.) He's coming! D:

Noooo! Not the nervous quail! Run for your liiiiiiiiife! (This is getting me all riled up.)

OH SHIT that's a lot of angry-looking dogs. RUN, FALINE, RUN. Now you are on a rock. Yeah Bambi, you headbutt those dogs! (I thought deer got nervous when they were being hunted. Apparently the noble ones get all chivalrous. And make landslides on piles of dogs.)

OH SHIT HE GOT SHOT. Stumble for your life, Bambi!

Uh. I don't know how exactly that forest fire got started.

Bambi's father is very commanding. "Get up! Get up, Bambi! Get up! You must get up! Get up! GET UP!" He is a bit of a broken record.

On the bright side, Bambi's wound seems to have quite quickly, on the run from the fire.

Poor owl keeps getting woken up. (Lol. The baby skunk was named after Bambi. That might get confusing.)

Sheesh. No privacy after giving birth. Jeez.

I guess it's a family tradition, the father standing and watching proudly from afar instead of actually going to interact with his kids.

Okay. I'm done. Pretty movie. I didn't cry when mahther died, though; apparently that means I'm heartless. Oops?

...

I think baby-Thumper starts a list for most adorable characters. (Does Gepetto count, because he's such an adorable old man? Probably not. Oh well.) Should 'most lovable' and 'most adorable' be consolidated? I'm not sure.

Bambi probably wins automatically for 'most environmentally friendly', but we'll see.

...

Chinese comedian lol! (At least it's not a Japanese comedian. (You probably won't get that unless you're Chinese.))



...

Hmm. It seems I didn't write about Dumbo when I watched it recently? That's weird. I suppose I shall watch it and commentate.

Heh. The stork song. There's this line: "Don't try to get away / He'll find you in the end." Unplanned pregnancy, much? But this segment is pretty cute. I like how the giraffe needs an extra parachute for its neck.

Is Casey Jr a character in old Disney shorts? He's the train in Dumbo, and there's also a bit about him in The Reluctant Dragon. His voice is rather grating.

Heh. I love Dumbo's stork. He's a bit of a silly chap. (I don't know what made me say 'chap'. It's probably these old movies..) His rendition of 'Happy Birthday' is fantastic.

Elephant bitches so mean about the ears. I think it's cute.. It's funny, these elephant bitches. They've perfectly captured real-life bitches, in elephant form. All stuck-up and self-righteous; putting on kind faces and energetic goings-on until they turn out to be bitches.

I love the putting-up-the-tents sequence. I rather like that the humans are faceless featureless blobby creatures. It's a good song, too. (These are some very well-trained elephants.)

Awwr. Poor Dumbo is a freak. I actually find this part, when his mother is locked up, to be sadder than Bambi's mahther dying. It feels more tragic, maybe because the rest of the movie is about the severed connection.

Ugh. Elephant bitches. How can you be so mean to a baby? (Or, you know, anyone..)

I like this mouse.

They use the word 'climax' a bit too much in this part. I can't help myself.

These are seriously the greatest elephants in the world. How the fuck do they do that. Fucking elephant pyramid. What. (All the elephants are old biddies. How did Mrs Jumbo get pregnant?)

Unfortunately, when the greatest elephants in the world fuck up, it is the greatest fuck-up in the world.

Old Biddy Elephant Leader is such a bitchy biddy.

Oh them clowns. It's probably animal cruelty, but their act is pretty damn great..

This bit with the reunion between Dumbo and his mom is so sweet. Good song. (Is this a circus or a zoo?)

"Oh, come on, elephants don't got no feelings." "Yeah, they's made of rubber!"

Hee. I love when Dumbo and the mouse get drunk. ("What kind of water is this anyhow?") The pink elephants on parade sequence reminds me of the heffalumps and woozles dream sequence in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It's probably the inspiration. (In fact, the first time I watched Dumbo, I had to go watch Winnie the Pooh as well, to compare them.) (On that note, I also love the heffalumps and woozles.)

Whoa. Blackbirds speaking in very obvious voices. Well that's not racist a'tall. (I like the blackbirds-making-fun-of-the-ridiculous-notion-of-a-flying-elephant song.)

Aww. Happy reunion. Okay, the end.

...

I wonder whether or not to start a 'most gloomy predicament'. All movies must have gloomy predicaments; otherwise, there's nothing to solve by the end. But I guess some are probably More Fucking Depressing than others. It's probably too hard to decide, though.

...

Saludos Amigos. Uh. Definitely never seen this one. I wonder what it is. (According to Wikipedia, it's four shorts of Disney characters roaming around in Latin America.)

Oh. Joy. The narrator is speaking Spanish. Yay I can't understand it at all. (Well, okay, I can infer some of it. But not a lot.) The beginning stuff is live action. Looks like a documentary or something. Can I skip to the animated bits, so at least I'll have that? Eh, I won't. I'll just wait.

LLAMAS. It suddenly got better. He's speaking in a dramatic voice about llamas.

Heh. Lago Titicaca. (Donald Duck speaking Spanish is so weird. I mean, I thought I couldn't understand him before.)

Okay. You know what? I'm going to skip this. I don't know what they're saying and I don't have subtitles or a translator. Maybe I'll get back to it when I have more patience than I do tonight.

Au revoir, amigos! Or something like that.

...

Uh. After skimming the article about Victory Through Air Power on Wikipedia, I've decided to skip that one tonight as well.

...

And, uh. The Three Caballeros is also in Spanish. Bye, Spanish.

...

Actually, never mind. I've watched enough tonight. Time to play infuriatingly fun Flash games and then maybe attempt to get through another chapter of Problem Sleuth. Anyways. That's it for tonight. (I always feel like I ramble on too much when I talk about the movies I'm watching.)

Olivia

PS. "Really, you are just utterly astounded by how shitty your IMAGINATION is. If your IMAGINATION was a face you would punch it.

In the face."

PPS. Just leaving this as a reminder that IT ACTUALLY ENDED.

2 comments:

  1. >>Au revoir
    THAT'S FRENCH. >:|

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW.

    IT WAS A JOKE.

    BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW ANY SPANISH.

    LOL I'M SO FUNNY RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete