Friday, March 26, 2010

Timecode compulsions, and movies.

Amendment: I am going to watch all the Disney animated features in chronological order. So for now I'll be skipping Make Mine Music, Fun and Fancy Free, and Melody Time.

...

The reason I should watch movies in full screen? If I don't, my eyes will keep flitting back and forth between the timecodes and ADDING THEM. CONSTANTLY. And there is a hierarchy of numbers in my brain. A whole convoluted boggle of evens and odds and luckies and unluckies. Happens with me and the clock all the time; it's probably the subconscious reason why I stick to analog watches. Just now, I noticed that Gchat had the 'Sent at 12:46 AM on Saturday' thing in my chat with dude, and it was 12:54, so I wanted to take that opportunity to fix it, but then into 12:55 he responded with 'what?' and I had to keep babbling for a minute about obsessive-compulsion and don't-worry-it's-just-something-I-have-to-do, until it became 12:56 and I could stop. 12:56 isn't a super-awesome, but it's better than 12:55. (I don't like fourteen, but I like it more than thirteen.)

I have little obsessive tendencies that usually relate to numbers and patterns. And that's why I should watch movies in full screen.

...

I finished Problem Sleuth last night; this morning I moved on to Homestuck. We shot the second third of our stop-motion this afternoon. Then I borrowed Rachel Getting Married and The Hangover from Tom, so I watched those tonight instead of Song of the South, which is the next Disney movie on the list. Both good movies for completely different reasons. (Also, I just realized, they both end in a wedding.)

Now I'm tired. My family is coming down for the weekend, for no reason. My mom just told me a couple days ago that they were thinking of visiting. So I'll be seeing them tomorrow.

I need to get started on my painting for art history.

Good night.

Olivia

PS. Reference for me, because last time I tried loading my game it didn't work, because my computer's a bit of a dick. (I love the Wayward Vagabond.)

PPS. I love the WV so much. So much.

PPPS. SO INTENSE. (Yeah, I'm still just leaving these so I know where-ish I left off.)

No comments:

Post a Comment