Monday, March 22, 2010

Labtime, Lost, (lack of) leveling, literature, lugubriosity, llmovies (Yes, I only did that to be alliterative, after I noticed it already happening.)

Heh. I just got back from the lab. It hasn't been like this since last semester, when I was scrabbling to finish as much of my overly-overambitious final project in computer animation as I could. The difference: In the lab working on digital video homework, I have many classmates with whom to complain loudly. The difference: I loved laboring over my animation, whereas this stuff is more of a chore. Tedious, versus meticulous. But it's important knowledge that I need for video editing, so it's okay.

At least I finished. It only took..seven hours.

...

I started watching episodes of Lost today. Slightly frightened of what will happen. I don't think I'm a sheep yet. It's good so far, but not OMFG yet, as it seems it will become. I've only watched one and a half episodes. (Fucking Megavideo only lets you have seventy-two minutes a day. Fuckers.)

...

I am basically broke right now, so I cancelled my WoW subscription. When I get money back, I will start on game cards again. It's smarter than having a continuing subscription, I feel.

But now I feel strange. I want it back already, even though I haven't played since spring break, and haven't worked on leveling my main since winter break, and haven't seriously worked on leveling my main since summer. Because it's a connection.

...

Christine's new story is really fucking awesome. She's letting me post it here when her edits are done. Be excited.

...

So I was thinking about those bad days I was having last week, and it's weird. When I'm not actually having one of these bad days, I either can't describe them or feel like they're very silly. Which bothers me. Because when they're happening, they're very fucking real.

It's almost disturbing.

...

I am in the middle of watching Oliver and Company for the first time; Will was singing it and talking about how great it is last night, so I decided I should see it. My goal is to watch all the Disney movies I took from the SVA film library - all their animated films between Snow White and Fantasia 2000. Should be interesting. I keep watching my favorites over and over, is the problem. I still need to see a lot of the lesser ones. Might be that I like them. Next on my list to watch is The Black Cauldron, since they said some interesting things about it in Waking Sleeping Beauty. Then I may go in chronological order.

I like that the bulldog is the pedant. It just seems strange coming from a bulldog.

That guy just ate a dog biscuit.

Aw. The weird little doggy family with the bedtime stories is so cute.

I like the coordinated dogs-crossing-the-street strut.

I should stop watching for tonight and go to sleep. Or keep a running commentary. I seem to do that a lot while I watch movies. It shows up in my Facebook statuses a lot. (I always want to pluralize as stati, but I don't think that's right..)

...

Eh. I'll sleep now. Finish Oliver tomorrow before class, maybe.

I watch too many movies.

Good night.

Olivia

PS. I kept typing 'Olivia' instead of 'Oliver', and then having to change it. I have gotten used to typing my name, since I do at the end of every post.

No comments:

Post a Comment