Friday, January 29, 2010

Bits, and a new web layout.

How the fuck does the 'Married Life' opening montage of Up still make me cry even when I'm watching the commentary version, and after I've seen the movie upwards of ten times?

Not fair.

...

Midnight: IT IS EIGHTEEN DEGREES OUTSIDE. ALSO IT IS CLOSE TO EIGHTEEN DEGREES IN MY BEDROOM.

I should probably close the window or something.

...

I really like the word bildungsroman. It's just a really great word.

/literature geek

...

I'm working on the new layout for my website. Because the old one wasn't good enough. Here it is so far. Since I'm currently working on it, it might look screwy when you look at it, depending when that is and whether or not I'm messing around with it.

I decided the sort-of theme would be hands, since I seem to often represent myself with pictures of hands on online networking sites (well, right now it's just that picture because I thought it was a really, really good picture, and that was a fun night; but my first Facebook photo was, in fact, a photo of my hand, complete with smiley face on the palm), and all three logos I've designed for myself for various class assignments have involved hands (and hearts, but that was mostly for another symbol with which the hands could interact). Hands are good. And important for art-making. Unless you're one of those very special cripples who finds another way to do it. I know I would never be able to sculpt with my feet..

I haven't decided whether or not to keep that border around the content box. We'll see. Anyways, I have most of the site content somewhere or another, I just have to get off my lazy ass and put it in the right places. Tomorrow morning will be the extermination of the old layout and the replacement of the new.

(Do you like the Twitter feed picture? I thought I was being clever at the time..)

...

We had an interesting discussion about philosophy tonight, one that will probably cause me to have horrible dreams about waking up and not being myself anymore..

-shudder-

I hate my stupid overactive imagination. "What if?" is such a horrible question for me.

...

That's it. Three in the morning. Good night, all.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment