Monday, January 25, 2010

Pokemon. Pokemon Pokemon Pokemon.

I wrote last night's entry while I was half-asleep. Heh.

...

Did some drawing homework after class, then started playing Pokemon Platinum. Been playing for many hours straight now. Oops.

My Ponyta is named Fetish. She kicks ass. (She is a Pwnyta.) My Grotle (I am totally not in tune with these new Pokemon species; I had to check to make sure I had that right) kicks slightly less ass, especially since Fetish got ahead of him in level while we were taking down the Grass gym. His name is Inigo.

I talk to my video games. Example: In Professor Layton, I tell Luke to shut the fuck up whenever he says something dumb. In Pokemon, I talk to my party. I speak kindly to my favorite Pokemon and yell at the ones who aren't pulling their weight. I get very openly angry with opponent Pokemon who aren't fainting like they should be.

"Goddamn Pikachu. Goddamn, fucking Pikachu. No, stop using Double Team. Just fucking hold still and die. ARRRGHHHH. I am going to KILL this Pikachu. I am going to fucking stab it in its goddamn eyes. STOP EVADING MY ATTACKS. FUCKING PIKACHU."

I'm a weird bitch.

Dude's also playing, now; he downloaded a GBA emulator and Pokemon Gold. It's apparently his first time playing a Pokemon game, which I find hilarious.

"Okay, what am I supposed to do now?"
"Didn't you see what Professor Elm said?"
"I never read the quest text."
"Dude. It's not WoW. There's no quest log. You have to actually pay attention to the story line."
"Oh. ..I need a walkthrough."

"I am going to fucking take down all these mobs like nobody's business."
"..."

"I'm at like 99.9% XP, and I'm fighting like an elite mob."
"-facepalm-"

Oh, Pokemon. How I've missed you.

It's almost three thirty in the morning now. I've been playing since seven in the evening. Straight. Goddamn.

I just ate dinner.

Good thing my class is at noon tomorrow.

Pokemon is absorbing as fuck. Seriously. I am having so much fun right now.

Is it weird that I'm really upset that Fetish isn't going to evolve until level forty? She and Inigo are currently both at twenty-seven. I think Inigo's going to reach last-stage evolution first..goddamn starter handicap.

Yeah. I'm going to sleep now.

By which I mean I'm going to play for another hour before being able to tear myself away long enough for my head to hit the pillow,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment