Tuesday, January 12, 2010

An open letter to the oblivious.

"Ewww, that so gross, stomach hangin out an shit!"

You're bigger than me. Fatter, too. And probably younger as well; this is around the time they let you kids out of school. You're the kind of New Yorker who shrieks with laughter while trying to get a rise out of passing strangers. You would not be doing this if your friends were not surrounding you in a pack. You've grown up hardened, but if I'd stood there and taken your crap and then told you that you're only doing this to inflate your false ego and that you'll never end up a respectable adult with your current facade, you'd know it to be true. And you'd probably deck me.

You're not hurting me. You're just helping to perpetuate my cynicism towards the world.

Don't take pride in being a bitch. It's idiotic and will get you nowhere.

Love,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment