Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day and stuff.

So not used to getting lots of stuff done all in one weekend-day. Now it's happening twice in a row.

Got up early. Went to see Christine and Robby and Dervla and Megan and Dervla's-boyfriend-Max in Times Square. Spent too much money on food, because..Times Square. Back to room. Was about to try to nap; Danny messaged on Facebook about the DV homework, so I had to answer that; then I answered a mail from Alex about where to get cheap-ish CS4. (Link for future reference because I will probably forget.) Tried to nap for about thirty seconds; got comfortable and then decided that I wanted to do something more productive than napping. So..now I'm awake again, and drawing shit. Might go to Flushing for dinner; might then meet up with Emma - she's in the city to see some tap show or something. Tomorrow's her birthday.

Yeah. Talk to you later.

...

It's later.

This is what I said to someone just now. I don't want to re-word it so I will just copy-paste.

"So. One of my friends from back home is a freshman at Hofstra. All year we've been talking about her visiting me - I mean, it's Long Island to Manhattan, not exactly a huge commute - but she's never had the time, or whatever. Okay, sure, fine. Lots of work, whatever. I get it. She's majoring in forensic science. Too much homework. Whenever she does visit the city, for a show or a play or something, she forgets to tell me until afterwards. Oops, she forgot, okay. Yesterday she texted me saying she's be in tonight for a tap show, and asked if I wanted to meet up afterwards. She said she'd be with someone else, but it would be fine. I was happy, because other than a couple hours over winter break, I haven't seen her all school year. The show was ending around nine, want to meet up at Penn Station before she takes the train back to Long Island? Yes, that was fine with me. I was in Queens this evening having dinner with some family members who live in Flushing and New Jersey; it's kind of a regular thing on Saturdays. I got back to my dorm at nine. Called my friend. How did the train schedule look? It would take at least a half hour for me to get there, so if she had to get her train before then I didn't want to slow her down. She said she didn't know, but they'd be at Penn in fifteen minutes, and she'd call me when they got there. So I booked it over to Penn; got there at nine thirty-five. Received a text from her after I'd left the subway station, from five minutes previous, saying that she was sorry but they'd had to leave or else they'd have had to wait around for a long time for the next train. I stared at my phone incredulously for a minute, then turned around to head back to my dorm.

"So. Four-fifty transportation fee. Over an hour in transit. Plus stress. And she couldn't even wait for me? I mean, even if I'd gotten there five minutes early, or ten, did she think we would just say hi and part ways? Didn't it occur to her that waiting around for the next train might not be so bad, considering she would be hanging out with a friend she'd barely seen a whole year? She lost nothing at all from this little misadventure; I lost my trust in her.

"And now my nose is bleeding..

"I was having such a good day, too. One hour ruined it."

...

Anyways. I'm going to twiddle my thumbs and keep having a good weekend. Friday was good. Today was mostly good with a little bit of not-good. Tomorrow I have to do my DV homework. Hopefully tomorrow is also good.

...

By the way, just so you know.. Bacon..is delicious.

I had forgotten that bacon is delicious. I mean, it always was a fact in my mind that bacon is delicious, but I think that over time it had become more of a theoretical deliciousness, because I hadn't had bacon in so long. Now I can firmly say that bacon is indeed delicious, both in theory and in practice.

Of course, pictures of bacon, especially massive quantities of bacon, especially really greasy bacon, make me feel nauseous. But bacon as an idea is a good idea, and a couple strips of bacon that someone removed from her burger and that you took as leftovers and ate later..is delicious.

This is, I think, one of the stranger things I've posted on this blog..

...

This I found out about at MoCCA last weekend. Small studio in midtown, working on their first feature film. Met the head animator, talked with him a little, told him I'm a freshman at SVA. Been in contact with him since then, and he's given me tips on how to move forward with my skill improvement. Showed him my reel. They're looking for interns with more experience, so maybe I'll apply next summer. He asked me to keep in touch and continue showing him my work, so this is good. I have a professional guy who wants to help me out. Awesome.

Even if their movie does look kind of weird.

...

Interesting blog entry about character development.

I would like to read all of these at some point, because they look cool.

Yeah I'm just looking at a bunch of writing articles right now.

Coooool.

Lol I like geek jokes.

...

Oops I went to bed before posting this..

Good..morning?

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment