Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mostly on leaving.

So. Today I started packing. I haven't decided whether I have more shit than I was expecting, or less. Either way, it's kind of refreshing to be getting ready to go home, but also kind of weird. I'm not sure whether or not I've realized I'm going home in a week, yet. It only just hit me yesterday morning that I had to work on my finals. I..have a strange way of living.

I can't wait to go home, though. Living in New York is cool, living basically-on-my-own is cool, but I miss my cat and I miss my family even though I just saw them, and I am looking forward to the break. I'm going to be cramming it, though; need to get a new computer, so I can animate over the summer. Need to draw more, hella more. Need to make money, need to get a job. Need to hang out with Molly as much as possible because..I miss her. So much. So much.

I miss my brother a lot, actually. It's kind of weird. But he was basically my best friend growing up. And he's a really great kid. Whenever I see them we talk constantly about all sorts of random shit. I'll be glad to be back with him for a few months.

I may go to China for the Shanghai World Expo with my uncle's family for a couple of weeks in summer. They offered to let me go with them, anyways. But first I have to figure out my schedule and talk to my parents about it and stuff. And..get money.. Anyways, they're also going to Nanjing, where my mom was born. Apparently I went when I was three, but, obviously, I don't remember. Last time I visited China, I was either twelve or thirteen. It's been a while. I'd like to go. But at the same time, there's so much I need to get done at home. We'll see. (Also I have barely-passable, really-quite-shitty fluency in Chinese. My cousin Alex, eight years old, is probably better than me. Plus he can read more than me. I kind of regret never paying attention in Chinese school..)

I've been studying for my art history final all day. It's tomorrowwwww argh. It should be better than the midterm, though; that thing was hell. And I barely passed. I am ashamed.

Finals. Finals finals finals.

...

Talking to dude. We are freaked out that we are one-fourth done with college. I didn't think of it that way until he said it just now. Argh. Weird. I only have three more years to impress Pixar and DreamWorks..

...

Yeah. That's it. More work now. Or maybe I'll slack off. Hopefully the former..

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment