Thursday, April 1, 2010

I've probably quoted TS2 before on this blog, but I like it a lot. Also, DreamWorks visit.

So. Watchin' Toy Story 2, procrastinating on the next Disney movie. I love the face Buzz makes when he's talking about 'delicious hot schmoes'. ("They're called s'mores, Buzz.")

"Cowboy Crunchies: The only cereal that's sugar-coated and dipped in chocolate."

"*squeak*" "What's that? Jessie and Prospector are trapped in the old abandoned mine and Prospector just lit a stick of dynamite thinking it was a candle and now they're about to be blown to smithereens?"

"Maybe if we find some balloons, we can float to the top!" I think the legendary Pixar-movie-planning-meeting occurred after Toy Story 2, but this is kind of funny. It's like unintentional foreshadowing for Up. (Unless the meeting was actually before TS2, or while it was in production.)

"Will somebody please explain what's going on?" "It's alright, Space Ranger. It's a code five-forty-six." "You mean, it's a..?" "Yes." "And he's a..?" "Oh yeah." "*gasp* Your Majesty!"


...

The head of outreach at DreamWorks came to talk today about their programs. She showed work from people who'd been hired right out of school into each different department. Now I kind of have a better look at the kind of things big studios are looking for..it was interesting. I feel like I can reach what they're looking for in animation by the time I graduate. In fact, I intend to reach it sooner. Over the summer I'll be animating my ass off whether I get into a program or not (and it's very likely that I won't get into any).

She also showed a storyboard from Shrek 4, and then the rendered final version of the sequence. Uh. It was funny, as is the DreamWorks way, but I was having an issue with the mouth movements. Maybe it's just me; maybe I need to see it again. Rumplestiltskin looks like a total creeper. Well, I guess he ought to; he's the villain. I mean, I know I'll be watching it anyways. But I still am opposed to the idea of a fourth Shrek. I have to say, though, they're getting immensely detailed with their characters and sets. It's intense, and impressive. A huge leap from the last Shrek. Also, either it's darker, or her computer screen was darker. Dunno. Probably the latter.

Ideally I will be working for Pixar or DreamWorks. Because really, they're the huge contenders in the field, and I want to work for people who are well-established. Now all I have to do is get there..

...

Okay. I'm going to sleep now bye.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment