Thursday, April 22, 2010

Still in pain; medicines; more stuff about DreamWorks and the industry in general; YGOTAS lol.

Did I mention that I have a toothache? Because I. Have. A. Tooth. Ache. Ow ow. Ow.

What sucks is that it's one of my front teeth. So I really really can't ignore it. And I am now gnawing all my food with one side of my mouth; at least when it's one of the back teeth, you can still bite with the front. (Also, this is the tooth that had a cavity a year ago. Argh. Why can't they all happen in those back teeth?)

I'm sad. I want the dentist to fix it tomorrow. Hopefully..he fixes it. My mom says it's probably an infection. Which sucks, because then I need to buy antibiotics. See below, which was actually written before this particular paragraph about meds. (Teeth are annoying. Why can't they just be nicer.)

...

Zyrtec is my hero.

By the way, I should probably start taking those pills again for [undisclosed theoretical onset physical health condition currently still prey to my heavy skepticism and chosen ignorance] (it's not as serious as that might make it sound) that I've been ignoring for..like a year now. Or basically since they were first prescribed. Whichever came first. I mean I take them sometimes but usually I don't. Be glad I'm not on birth control or something, because I'd start slacking off after the first week. In fact I'd probably have started forgetting to take my Zyrtec too if my allergies weren't so overbearing and cruel.

I am not proud of ignoring my medication, but it seems to be a fact of my life..

Compare this to lying to anyone with a degree in psychology..

I seem to be rather stubborn.


...

Oh by the way.. my drawing class went to see How to Train Your Dragon yesterday. (We're computer art majors, we can get away with that, plus our drawing teacher kicks ass.) Anyways. Definitely the best DreamWorks movie to date; I loved it. I'd say I'm proud of the DreamWorks writing department for getting their heads out of the mud, but the fourth Shrek is coming out this summer, so it might just be a fluke. Hopefully not. Hopefully after the Shrek-sequel-shit is over, they will start making a steady stream of awesome movies. (Shrek was great, guys. Now let it rest in peace for fuck's sake.)

The visuals were gorgeous. I am so happy I live in this era of computer art. Everything's just getting better and better. Look at Avatar - the visuals, not the writing, of course - I mean, nobody can say honestly that the world isn't fucking beautiful. And one thing I can say about the clip of Shrek Forever After that we were shown when the representative from DreamWorks visited: The textures are ridiculously good.

This is why I want to work for a big studio. Because the big studios are the ones who make, not only entertainment, but fucking works of art. Industry-evolving innovative art, at that.

...

Speaking of Avatar (and I hate that now and forevermore I will have to refer to Avatar: The Last Airbender as 'no, not the blue people, the TV show about the kid'; goddamned James Cameron; I really liked that show when it was still going) (actually, right now I am talking about the blue people, so now I feel kind of silly for rambling), I think I may watch it tonight. Got it from the film library this week. SVA: So you never have to pay for mainstream movies again.

...

Signs of my mental instability:

I watch bits of Avatar while waiting for episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series to load on Youtube. (Can I help it? YGOTAS is fantastic.)

One thing that bothers me about Avatar: They use Papyrus, or a very similar font, for the subtitles when the Na'vi are speaking their..Na'vi language. (Na'viese? Na'vian? Na'vilonian? But anyways.) Maybe I'm just a font snob, but..argh. Papyrus and Comic Sans / Chalkboard are among my least favorite common fonts. Oh god, and remember in elementary school when everyone was using Curlz MT? -choke-

Anyways I'm tired now so I'll just finish watching tomorrow. Good night.

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment